What should financial marketers blog about this month? Our monthly roundup has you covered with timely topics for blog posts, social media campaigns, and other marketing ideas.
Want to look further ahead? Download our Financial Content Planning Calendar to stay up-to-date all year long.
Topic #1: Financial Planning Month
5 Ways to Prepare for a Financial Emergency (Charles Schwab)
Topic #2: World Bank/IMF
#WorldBank #IMF #Bali
- The 2018 World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings are happening October 12-14 in Bali, Indonesia.
- The event brings together central bankers, ministers of finance and development, and other relevant players to discuss key global topics like economic development, world economic outlook and poverty eradication.
- Whether you’re attending the seminars and other events or just reading about it from afar, there will be plenty of insights to recap for investors and consumers alike. Follow along with the big stories from the meetings here.
IMF and World Bank members must stop rise of economic non-order (Mohamed El-Erian in The Guardian)
Topic #3: Holiday Savings
#BlackFriday #CyberMonday #DIY
- Savvy consumers will begin holiday shopping as early as October in order to take advantage of seasonal deals.
- According to Consumer Reports, October is the best month to buy mattresses, interior paint, and carbon monoxide detectors – hello, home renovation projects!
- It’s also a great time to start budget-friendly DIY present projects and/or establish a holiday savings account, to avoid using credit cards and other debt to fund holiday cheer.
These Holiday Savings Techniques Are Making a Comeback (Chase)
- Schwab’s annual gathering of RIAs will be happening October 28-31st in Washington D.C.
- As with many financial services conferences, IMPACT is often a goldmine of potential content opportunities for both attendees and outsiders following along.
- Watch for insights from keynote speaker Janet Yellen and education sessions that cover everything from practice management to the latest investment trends.
My Top Takeaways From Schwab IMPACT (Morningstar Blog)
Topic #5: Brazilian elections
- Brazil’s general election, which will determine the country’s next President, Vice President and National Congress, among others, is scheduled for October 7th.
- While the frontrunner, far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro’s policies are seen as market-friendly, he’s expected to lose in a likely runoff with Workers Party candidate Fernando Haddad.
- The election’s uncertainty and divisive nature has caused heightened volatility and dragged Brazilian stocks lower this year – leaving emerging markets investors hungry for insights as the election reaches its dramatic conclusion.
How Will Brazil’s Election Impact Financial Markets? (DailyFX)
Look Ahead: November Topics
- #BlackFriday, #SmallBusinessSaturday and #CyberMonday
- Thanksgiving and #GivingTuesday
- SRI Conference
Plan your content marketing pipeline for the rest of 2018 and beyond! Download our Financial Marketing Calendar to stay on top of all the events that shape your customers’ financial lives.